Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Karuvadu Thokku (Salted Dryfish Curry)

Karuvadu Thokku

Karuvadu Thokku  (Salted Dryfish Curry)

This is one of my favourite Non-vegetarian recipes. I always opt this thokku, when ever i want to give a treat to myself. That too, it tastes awesome with seasoned palaya sadham (left over cooked rice, soaked in water). And it also tastes so good with hot steaming rice.

You can prepare this in less than  15 minutes. This is the best recipe, when you want to prepare a sumptuous dish in jiffy.

Here is the recipe..

karuvadu thokku


Ingredients: (Recipe For 1)

Karuvadu  Pieces               -   4 - 6 
Small Onions                     - 10 -15
Green Chilli                       - 3
Salt                                     - As required
Turmeric Powder               - 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves                     - few
Oil                                      - As required


Procedure:
  

  • I have used vanjaram Dry fish. You can use any big, dry-fish for this recipe. Just wash the dryfish. If you use, without washing it, dryfish will be little salty.
  • wash it and cut into bite size pieces.
  • chop finely small onions and green chillies.
  • Heat oil in  a pan. Add chopped onions, green chillies and curry leaves.
  • I usually don't add much oil for this recipe. I just add oil enough for sauteing onions.
  • Add little salt and saute onions till its translucent.
  • When they are translucent,  add turmeric powder and dry fish pieces.
  • Dry fish will get cooked very fast. It takes usually 3-5 minutes for me. Switch off the flame and serve your dish.
  • I had left-over palaya sadham at home. I strained it and seasoned it with mustard seeds, Urad Dal, Channa Dal, small onions, Red chillies and curry leaves. I had karuvadu thooku with this. Wow!! Really Made For Each Other...

No comments:

Post a Comment